Oral language is the foundation for academic successProviding the bridge to reading and writing
CONNECT THE DOTS BETWEEN PRESCHOOL AND THE ACADEMIC RIGOR FOUND IN TODAY’S KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOMS
Experts recommend that quality transitional kindergarten classrooms provide a joyful learning environment, concept development, some exposure to kindergarten standards and most importantly, a rich oral language experience.
GrapeSEED is an innovative oral language acquisition program, based on the principles of natural language development. GrapeSEED was created to build the priceless oral language foundation necessary to build the bridge to literacy.
GrapeSEED is designed around endearing themes that young learners are naturally drawn to. Those themes, along with specifically selected vocabulary, language expressions, and high frequency words have been thoughtfully woven into the concept of GrapeSEED Songs, Stories, Story Dictionaries, Chants, Action Activities, Shared Reading Poems, and Phonogram Picture Cards that are visually appealing and highly engaging for students.
Finocchiaro, M. & Brumfit, C. (1983). The Function-Notional Approach. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
Zhou, G. & Niu, X. (2015). Approaches to language teaching and learning. Journal of Language Teaching and Research, 6(4).
Bailey, A.L., & Heritiage, M. (2014). The role of language learning progressions in improved instruction and assessment of English language learners. TESOL Quarterly, 48(3), 480-506.
Krashen, S. (1985). The input hypothesis: Issues and Implications. Harlow: Longman.
Krashen, Stephen D., Terrell, Tracy D. The Natural Language Approach: Language Acquisition in the Classroom, 1995
Benefits for Educators
- Remarkable student engagement accelerates learning and confidence
- Increases language scores for all GrapeSEED students
- Everything needed to be successful is included; both print material and digital components to help your students learn
What Makes GrapeSEED Different?
- The program focuses on interactive, conversational, and natural language acquisition.
- Students engage with the language they’re acquiring multiple times throughout the day with repeated exposure and practice through both digital and print materials.
- It is aligned with the learning sciences—Vertical Phonics, Functional-Notional Learning, Neuroscience of Language Learning, and Social-Emotional Development.
- Extensive professional education, mentoring and support services to teachers and principals, is all included in the program.
BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
- Fun, interactive lessons improve student confidence
- Builds academic language comprehension
- Creates a pathway for success
- Puts joy back in learning