WHY DOES GRAPESEED WORK?Accelerated English Language Acquisition = Joy and Achievement
GrapeSEED Empowers Children to Overcome Language Barriers
GrapeSEED is an innovative language acquisition and critical listening program, based on the principles of natural language development.
Research-based, it closes the achievement gap in school language more quickly. Oral language proficiency is the foundation for academic success, providing a bridge to reading and writing for English Learning (EL) and English Language Proficiency (ELP) students.
*Ahmed, A.I.M. (2013). The functional approach to second language instruction. World Journal of English Language, 3(1).
Finocchiaro, M. & Brumfit, C. (1983). The Function-Notional Approach. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
Zhou, G. & Niu, X. (2015). Approaches to language teaching and learning. Journal of Language Teaching and Research, 6(4).
Bailey, A.L., & Heritiage, M. (2014). The role of language learning progressions in improved instruction and assessment of English language learners. TESOL Quarterly, 48(3), 480-506.
Krashen, S. (1985). The input hypothesis: Issues and Implications. Harlow: Longman.
Krashen, Stephen D., Terrell, Tracy D. The Natural Language Approach: Language Acquisition in the Classroom, 1995
Benefits for Educators
- Remarkable student engagement accelerates learning and confidence
- Increases literacy test scores for all GrapeSEED students
- Accelerates academic progress for “at-risk” student subgroups
What Makes GrapeSEED Different?
- Focuses on interactive, conversational, natural language acquisition
- Intentional application of the scientific research on practice and repetition
- Aligned with learning sciences*—Vertical Phonics, Functional-Notional Learning, Neuroscience of Language Learning, Social-Emotional Development
- Extensive professional education, mentoring and onsite support services to teachers and principals—all
included in the program
BENEFITS FOR CHILDREN
- Fun, interactive lessons improve student confidence
- Builds academic language comprehension
- Creates a pathway for success
- Puts joy back in learning